Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Safe Harbor

Ok so last night, late last night, I decided to watch a movie a friend told me about. Safe Harbor, a movie based on a Danielle Steel novel. It was surprisingly good, not the best love story I've seen, a bit predictable, but if you are a movie buff, this is not hard to do in most cases. It starts out with what is left of a family, in their vacation home grieving over the loss of the other half of the family. Very sad, but intriguing to start out with such a hard thing to deal with. Most people can relate to a loss. So Melissa Gilbert has a French accent, which she pulls off for the most part, she lost her son and husband in a plane explosion she witnessed, and is away for the summer with her daughter to deal with the issues of her loss. Sounds boring but it moves along quite well. Did you see it?

4 comments:

  1. I haven't seen that movie but it sound like it was pretty good. Maybe i'll catch it one day. Is it a series or was it a one time showing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Medium has been cancelled! OMG....what will I do with my Friday nights? I thought I heard them say season finale but what they said was series finale. Why??? It's been on for seven years. I just didn't see that coming. I liked it because for the most part it wasn't predictable. It wasn't spellbounding, glued to your seat TV like 24, or Damages or the first few seasons of Lost. But I liked it and will miss it. Kudos to CBS for giving us viewers some closure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to watch Medium, but forgot about it when I discovered other shows like, CSI, Criminal Minds, Law & Order CI, SVU,and the OG. Also most shows on USA. I'm usually catching reruns but they are all good and some are new to me. I really like the new show with the Lady Marshall on NBC, the name escapes me now but I know you Know. I watch entirely too much TV sometimes, however this is my past time.I know you have seen these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The show on NBC is Chase. I like. She scared me leaping tall buildings in a single bound and catching bullets in her teeth the first couple of episodes. But has since calmed down. I watch too much tv too. Hmmmm

    All of the CSI's, L&O's (even L&O UK), Criminal Minds, the all time favorite for the moment is the Closer. I love that show!

    ReplyDelete