Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 20, 2011

No TV?

I have started a journey of self discovery and well, enlightenment, and so I have not turned on my TV today or yesterday. All is not lost, I did watch Joyce Meyer and TD Jakes online last night, whew. It got me all sanctified and stirred up. I also started a partial Daniel Fast, It will end for me tomorrow. I have learned quite a bit about myself in this short time. I can tell you , I have strength I had not tapped into, and I have a pretty good will power. You really don't know you have it until you need to use it for something you desire greatly. Also, and I have been told this by many, I have wisdom beyond my years. I believe it has to do with my Mom. She has always treated me like an adult. The first thing that comes to mind, and she is gonna really get me, is I wanted to quit school and she said and I quote," If you want to be stupid , that's up to you , but you will not lay around here and do nothing, you will get a job and pay some bills around here", I just love my mother. I here her words of wisdom all the time. Sometimes I think I channel her , or become her if you will, especially when I am disciplining my own. It is amazing what you remember when you are in deep thought about who you are , where you are going, or what you have become. I don't know the meaning of life or anything but what I do know is that , I am seeing what My meaning is, Do you see it?

1 comment:

  1. Very good niece. I have always been proud of you also. Your mother, my sister has also given me solid advice. Even though I'm the eldest, I refer to her as my big sister. I think she gets it from our mother. (Must be the Powell in her).

    ReplyDelete